Line Technician Position
The Line Technician position runs the production lines assuring production objectives are achieved while emphasizing safety, product quality, and production efficiency.
Primary Position Objectives:
- Ensure customer’s specifications and requirements are met as documented on work orders (including material, part, processing, and packaging requirements)
- Mechanically adjust expander to control part dimension and pattern; monitor production
- Set up, monitor, and adjust post-expanding equipment (flattener, slitter, shear, back gauge, blanker, etc.)
- Tagging of all product off the line (move tags) – responsible for part quantity management
- Complete required paperwork (work order, inspection sheet, move tags, and coil tags) and accurate labor reporting (scan into and out of jobs, including set up)
- Familiarity with and strict adherence to all safety hazards prevention methods with assigned equipment lines (i.e. Lockout/ Tagout (LOTO) procedures, PPE, etc.)
- Participate in continuous improvement projects for production and to maintain a clean, organized, and safe workspace
- Perform other shop duties as assigned
- Reports to Production Manager and/or Lead Set-Up Technician
- Mechanical aptitude
- Knowledge of all ISO Procedures and work instructions for operations.
- Knowledge and ability to set up and run all types of high speed and/or general fab expanders and secondary equipment
- Knowledge of material types and selection for the work order (type and gauge of material)
- Ability to read and understand calipers, micrometer, a tape measure to measure part dimensions and thickness
- High School diploma or GED
- Intermittent standing, walking, and unassisted lifting up to 40 lbs.
- Good communication with co-workers and supervision
- Strong work ethic and ability to solve problems