Production Assistant Position
The Production Assistant assists the Line Technicians in operating their lines and completes other tasks related to the production of finished goods. Position may also entail building wooden packaging and/or operating basic equipment including punch presses. At this level, the individual begins to learn the basics of expanding metal, shop safety, and workflow.
Primary Position Objectives:
- Know and follow safety rules for machine and tasks performed
- Supporting production by assisting with parts handling, slitting, and shearing operations
- Handle, feed, and stack parts under direction Set-Up Technicians or Lead Set-Up Technician
- Maintain a clean and organized production area
- Perform other shop duties as assigned
- Reports to Set-Up Technician, Lead Set-Up Technician, and Production Manager
- Ability to accurately and consistently use a tape measure
- Strong work ethic and ability to solve problems
- Must be able to understand and follow directions given in English
- Intermittent standing, walking, and unassisted lifting up to 40 lbs.